One died and twelve had been injured in a hearth triggered by a cooking cylinder at a snacks centre in Maharashtra’s Ulhasnagar camp four on Saturday midday. The incident passed off round 2 pm at Venus Chowk, following which firefighters from the Ulhasnagar Municipal Company (UMC) rushed to the spot.
Of these injured, three have sustained extreme accidents whereas others have suffered minor accidents. The injured have been taken to the hospital. The one who died within the accident is recognized as Pappu Gupta, 34, and ran the snack centre, the civic physique claimed.
As per the UMC’s main investigation, the blast prompted a significant fireplace contained in the store which resulted within the charring of all properties contained in the store.
“One particular person has died within the incident who was contained in the store whereas twelve others who had been round and reached to assist additionally suffered accidents. Primarily, we suspect that the blast within the cylinders led to fireside. Our staff is on the spot and investigating the case,” mentioned Yuvraj Badhane, public relations officer, UMC.
Ulhasnagar Shopkeepers Affiliation president Jagdish Tejwani mentioned, ”As quickly as I discovered concerning the incident I rushed to the spot. One particular person has died within the incident whereas others who’re severely injured had been taken to the hospital. The fireplace additionally affected the close by fruit store. As per my statement, there have been three cooking cylinders contained in the outlets with none fireplace security norms.”
He added, “In keeping with the locals, the one who died within the accident slipped and a vessel containing sizzling oil fell over him which prompted him extreme burns.”
A fireplace officer from the UMC, who didn’t want to be named mentioned, ”We now have managed to chill down the blaze and convey it below management. We’re investigating the reason for the blast and the hearth.”